Monday, March 25, 2013

Flight of the Earls by Michael K. Reynolds!


Hello Bookworms!,
              I want to share with you a review of my latest read, Flight of the Earls by Michael K. Reynolds!

Summary:
            The potato famine has destroyed crops all over Ireland and the Hanley family’s crops were not spared. But this is par for the course for the Hanley family. After the deaths of one son, one daughter, and a beloved uncle, the Hanley family is becoming accustomed to tragedy. But now Clare Hanley’s father has made a decision that will forever change the course of Clare’s life. Even though Clare’s uncle and sister died on the voyage to America, Mr. Hanley has decided that Clare and her brother Seamus will now make their own voyage to America to earn enough money to keep the Hanley family going through the famine. With no way to escape her father’s decision, Clare is going to America but what she finds there is more than she ever bargained for…and also more than she ever dreamed possible.

Review:
I began reading this book with some trepidation. This was the first I had heard of author Michael K. Reynolds, and I was not sure if I would like his writing.  After reading several reviews on Amazon.com, I knew I wanted to give Flight of the Earls a shot.
Clare Hanley’s character had my heart from the beginning. I was thrilled to read her journey from naïve daughter of a drunken farm owner to business woman. I was also impressed at the story line of her love life. I was so glad to see that our heroine did not jump at the first offer of marriage that came her way but was willing to stick it out and wait for “the one” as younger brother Davin would describe him. It was refreshing to see.
I was also very impressed with the theme that God’s word does not return void. Even though Clare’s grandmother had passed many years ago, the lessons she taught Clare about the Lord always stuck with her.
 Clare’s journey is not without its twists and turns. Don’t think that you have the book figured out in the first few chapters. There are shockers in this book that will make your head spin! I won’t even attempt to describe it any further for fear of giving anything away! ;)
Readers, I give Flight of the Earls by Michael K. Reynolds 5 bookmarks and strongly recommend that you read it!! Get your copy today! You will thoroughly enjoy it!

 

Want to know more about Michael K. Reynolds?
Visit his website and become and author insider:
http://www.michaelkreynolds.com/

Like his Facebook page:
Author Michael K Reynolds

or follow him on Twitter:
@M_K_Reynolds

There are more great reviews coming up on See Lizzie Read! Don't forget to RSS, Subscribe by e-mail, follow on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SeeLizzieRead), or follow me on Twitter (LovelyLizzie10) so you can get the latest as soon as its posted!

Until next time,
              Lizzie <3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm excited to pick up a copy!! I think I'm gonna take it with me on my next "Chill-out Time" vacation. Sounds like a good ol book. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have got
here on this post. I am returning to your website
for more soon.

Also visit my blog post custom landing page

Lizzie Gaskins said...

First Anonymous: Thank you! I hope you enjoy the book when you read it!

Second Anonymous: Thank you! I hope you will enjoy the posts!